Friday, January 4, 2019

(How I Reach Pangkor Island from Kuala Lumpur for the first time)

Assalamualaikum and hi everyone! Last two weeks, i managed to visit some of my old friends in Ipoh before I started my new year in Terengganu. I also went to Pulau Pangkor in Lumut briefly before I came to Ipoh. Little did I know the hows and whats before the last minute trip. So here’s one of the ways if you’re looking on a ‘cheapest’ way to go to Pangkor Island from Kuala Lumpur.

First, just hop on to one of the available-almost-all-the-time buses to Lumut. You have to buy the ticket from either TBS counter or any websites provided. Normally it would not cost you more than RM30. This trip took longer than I expected for us so believe me you don’t want to be stucked in the bus for more than 4hours so plan your trip well next time ok. As for me I got into the bus at 1.30pm using Arwana Express yet arrived at 6.15pm at Lumut Jetty. So you can imagine how rushing it was to get into the ferry before it was dark. We managed to buy the ticket to Pangkor Island, as the last ferry trip is at 8pm.
 This is a two-way ticket: you have to keep the remaining slip for your return trip. Yes you pay for both going and returning for one ticket. So please keep it with you until your last day in Pangkor, don’t throw it away yet! 

Lumut Jetty

The ferry will stop twice; once at the village entry and another one at the town. If you plan to grab a taxi you must get off the ferry at the second stop because there is hardly any taxis available at the village entryway. So we managed to get ourselves a taxi to Teluk Dalam from the town that cost us RM20. And Alhamdulillah, I managed to reach my friend’s house at Pangkor for the first time!

So, basically from Kuala Lumpur (precisely TBS), I took the express bus (RM30--) to Lumut and the ferry (RM14) to Pangkor. Such a tiring and long journey I guess. Will go again one day but with more family members or loved ones and by car which could save us more time. ;)

:: rabiatul adawiyah's :: . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates